- Benedictine College
- Undergraduate Programs
- Chemistry & Biochemistry
- Exercise Science
- Journalism & Mass Communications
- Mathematics & Computer Science
- World & Classical Languages and Cultures
- Physics & Astronomy
- Political Science
- Psychological Sciences
- Sociology & Criminology
- Theatre & Dance
- Graduate Programs
- International Education
- Programs of Distinction
- Student Success Center
- Center for Service-Learning
- Great Books
- Course Catalog
- Century of Science
- Undergraduate Programs
- Faith Life
- Student Life
Music - Choral Ensemble
Concert Chorale is a mixed ensemble at Benedictine College, and is made up for 80 singers from all across the College Community. These singers represent a variety of musical backgrounds and academic disciplines. It performs representative choral literature of all styles and periods. Traditionally, they perform a pops concert in the fall, a festival of lessons and carols in the winter, and a requiem in the spring. It is conducted by Professor Timothy Tharaldson.
The Chamber Singers is a highly select mixed choral ensemble at Benedictine College. It is a small choral group open to students only by audition. While the majority of singers are music majors, there are a number of other academic disciplines represented in this group. The Chamber Singers perform a wide variety of choral literature from Renaissance to 21st Century. They perform at numerous functions including the Baccalaureate Mass. It is conducted by Professor Timothy Tharaldson.
Women's Ensemble is a non auditioned ensemble, composed of over 50 of the school's most talented female voices. They perform a wide variety of exciting choral literature specifically composed for female choral ensembles. The Women's Ensemble performs both on and off campus. It is conducted by Professor Timothy Tharaldson.
The Liturgical Choir is an ensemble of twelve to thirty singers devoted to performing sacred music of all eras at masses and selected liturgies on campus and in the community throughout the academic year. Admission is granted by audition. It is conducted by Dr. Lara West.
BC Ravens Men’s Choir
The Ravens Men’s Choir is a non-audition ensemble that is open to all male students at Benedictine. The Men’s Choir performs music from all genres written specifically for the male voice. This group has performances on and off campus. It is conducted by Professor Timothy Tharaldson.
Opera Workshop is offered in the spring semester and is an opportunity for students to participate in either a portion of a larger opera or an operetta. It is a good way to experience classic opera literature in a performance setting. Admittance by audition.
- Learn more about auditions and scholarships.
Benedictine College Concert Chorale
- i carry my heart with you by Z Randall Stroope, spring 2014
- My Soul's Been Anchored in the Lord by Moses Hogan, spring 2014
- Walk Together Children by Moses Hogan, spring 2014
Benedictine College Chamber Singers
- Benedictine College Video Christmas Card 2013
- If Ye Love Me by Thomas Tallis, spring 2014
- Bonum est confiteri by Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina, spring 2014
- Sleep by Eric Whitacre, spring 2014
- Mass in B minor Crucifixus by Bach, spring 2014
- Sure on this shining night by Morten Lauridsen, spring 2014
- Ave Verum Corpus by Mozart, spring 2014
- Ehre sei dir Christe by Heinrich Schütz, spring 2014
BC A Cappella