- Benedictine College
- Undergraduate Programs
- Chemistry & Biochemistry
- Exercise Science
- Journalism & Mass Communications
- Mathematics & Computer Science
- Modern, Foreign & Classical Languages
- Physics & Astronomy
- Political Science
- Psychological Sciences
- Sociology & Criminology
- Theatre & Dance
- Graduate Programs
- International Education
- Programs of Distinction
- Student Success Center
- Great Books
- Century of Science
- Undergraduate Programs
- Faith Life
- Student Life
Points of Excellence
Building one of the great Catholic colleges in America.
The plan Benedictine 2020: A Vision for Greatness is garnering recognition for Benedictine College:
- Top 20 Best College — U.S. News & World Report, First Things magazine, and the Newman Guide
- A College of Distinction — Four Distinctions, Inc. College Guidebook
- Best in Kansas–CollegeSimply.com, Best Private–TheBestSchools.org, Hidden Gem–CollegeRaptor.com.
- Building one of the great Catholic colleges in America.
Since 2000, alumni achievements include:
- 13 bank presidents, including Tom Hoenig ’68, former President of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, and a current director of the FDIC.
- 8 university presidents, including Boise State, San Jose State, and the University of Pittsburgh.
- 7 bishops and 200 pursued religious vocations.
- 2 Kansas Secretaries of Commerce.
- 1 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate, the late Wangari Maathai ’64.
Dynamic Campus Life
- The college’s newly constructed Student Recreation Center opens in the 2015–2016 school year.
- After 18 consecutive years of enrollment increases, the college has 1,850 undergraduates.
- Benedictine has opened 10 new residence halls in 10 years.
- The college’s new Dining Hall and Student Success Center opened in the 2014–2015 school year.
- Benedictine College’s student life program is used as a model for Catholic schools nationwide.
- Larry Wilcox is Kansas’ all-time winningest four-year college football coach and second-winningest in the NAIA.
- The college opened Asher Sports Complex with new facilities for baseball and softball and added varsity men’s and women’s Lacrosse.
- Recent HAAC conference titles: Men’s Basketball, Football, Men’s Soccer, Women’s Soccer, Women’s Cross Country.
- Ten varsity teams were named 2015 NAIA Scholar Teams.
- ESPN3 will televise two home football games: Sept 12 vs. Mo. Valley; Oct. 10 vs. Culver-Stockton. (11 a.m. kickoffs).
Flagship College of the New Evangelization
- Consecrated to Our Lady, Benedictine College is the birthplace of the Fellowship of Catholic University Students (FOCUS).
- Benedictine was chosen to represent higher education at the Vatican and the U.S. bishops’ meeting.
- The Catholic Campus Ministry Association named Benedictine College’s program among the top five campus ministries in the country.
- Benedictine sends the most students from furthest away to March for Life in Washington, D.C.
- Hundreds of Ravens travel for their faith worldwide including mission trips everywhere from Belize to the Philippines.
- Benedictine College built two new chapels in the past five years and added statues of St. Benedict, St. Scholastica, and Our Lady of Grace.
- Benedictine College’s Memorare Army for Religious Liberty has gathered 3 million Memorare pledges.
- The Symposium for Advancing the New Evangelization annually brings top scholars and national speakers to campus.
- The college’s Gregorian Fellows leadership program is launching Catholic leaders in all walks of life.
- Hundreds of students skip meals weekly to provide 10,000 meals annually to area needy via the Hunger Coalition.
Kansas' Premier Liberal Arts College
- Benedictine College has been named an All-Steinway School by Steinway & Sons.
- The college now offers full-tuition scholarships to National Merit Finalists.
- Dozens of our professors rank in the top 10% of the national IDEA faculty evaluations each year.
- Benedictine students are more likely to have an internship, hold a leadership role, study abroad, work directly with a faculty member, and complete a senior project than students at peer schools.
- Benedictine Engineering was awarded a $250,000 Keck Foundation Grant, totaling $1 million in grant awards since 2009.
- Students study abroad at our Florence, Italy, campus and in 50 countries.
- The most recent freshman class has the highest average ACT scores in Kansas, and the highest GPA in the school’s history.
- The college’s 46 majors include Chemical, Electrical, Civil, and Mechanical Engineering, as well as Nursing.
- The college has added two endowed professorships in the past two years.
- Dr. Larry Sutton of the Chemistry and Biochemistry Department recently received significant capital funding for his project to battle antibiotic resistant “superbugs.”