- Benedictine College
- Undergraduate Programs
- Chemistry & Biochemistry
- Exercise Science
- Journalism & Mass Communications
- Mathematics & Computer Science
- World & Classical Languages and Cultures
- Physics & Astronomy
- Political Science
- Psychological Sciences
- Sociology & Criminology
- Theatre & Dance
- Graduate Programs
- International Education
- Programs of Distinction
- Student Success Center
- Center for Service-Learning
- Great Books
- Course Catalog
- Century of Science
- Undergraduate Programs
- Faith Life
- Student Life
Student Health Center
This center serves students by providing free health and counseling services. The building is located at 1201 N. 2nd Street, across from McDonald Hall.
|Monday||8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday||9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Thursday||9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Nurse Practitioner's Hours
|Monday||8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.|
|Friday||8:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.|
The Mission of Student Health Services is to support our Benedictine students in fulfilling their educational and personal goals by promoting health through a variety of services.
Benedictine offers information about our services on the Student Health information page, or you can call 913.360.7117. We also have various health requirements for all new students and these forms are available for downloading for your convenience. Wishing you good health.
|Janet L. Adrian RN, BSN|
Director of Student Health Services
For service after hours, call your health provider or the Atchison Hospital Emergency room at 913.360.5320. For emergencies on campus, dial 9 to reach an outside line and then 911.
The counseling staff assists students with personal, interpersonal, academic, or emotional concerns, and can refer students to other mental health professionals as needed. To schedule an appointment, please call 913.360.7621. Services are also provided for faculty and staff on an "as time is available" basis.
Student Health Services
Benedictine Student Health strives to promote wellness through education, counseling and preventive services. Good health is best achieved through a healthy lifestyle of adequate rest, daily exercise, a balanced diet, and healthy choices.
- Student Health Form
- Form must be completed and mailed in prior to arrival on campus.
- All students and athletes must complete this form.
- Please mail to:
Student Health Services
1201 North Second Street
Atchison, KS 66002
Benedictine College expects each student to submit a pre-registration health history and proof of health/accident insurance. If you do not have personal health insurance, you, the student, will need to purchase health insurance before arriving on campus. The College does not endorse a specific provider, but students do need to obtain insurance coverage.
Immunization Requirement Policy
All new, transferring, and international students, regardless of age, must submit an accurate immunization history with validated proof of immunity signed by their health care provider before or immediately upon arrival to campus. If the student fails to submit an immunization history form with valid proof of immunity, he or she will be notified in writing of being in noncompliance with the immunization requirements and will be placed on administrative hold until the non-compliant status has been resolved by the student.
Immunization Requirements (as stated in Student Handbook):
Each student is expected to submit to Student Health a pre-registration health history, immunization history, and proof of health/accident insurance. Student health insurance information is available online.
Services Provided at the Student Health Center
- Diagnosis and treatment of minor illnesses and injuries
- Health education and counseling
- Maintenance allergy injections during provider clinics
- Tuberculosis skin testing
- Blood pressure checks
- Blood sugar checks
- Removal of stitches
- Peak-flow testing
- Tobacco cessation
- Student Health Services also offers crutches for loan, over-the-counter medications, first aid supplies and educational materials.
ALL SERVICES IN STUDENT HEALTH ARE FREE. STRICT CONFIDENTIALITY IS MAINTAINED.
Required Student Documentation
- Mandatory Meningitis Vaccine
- ALL incoming students are required to get a meningitis vaccine or sign a statement saying they decline to receive it.
- Immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella by one of the following:
- TWO shots of MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella).
- Immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella by blood titer.
- TWO shots of measles, one shot of mumps, and one shot of rubella vaccine.
- Physician documentation of disease history to measles and mumps.
- (Note: disease history for Rubella is NOT acceptable.)
- The student is asked to provide the date of their last Td (tetanus/diphtheria) booster. A booster is needed every 10 years to protect the student against tetanus should a “dirty” injury occur.
- Proof of health/accident insurance, copy of insurance card front and back
Tuberculosis Documented by One of the Following:
- Completion of tuberculosis screening questionnaire contained in the pre-registration Student Health History and Immunization Form.
- Negative TB skin test report done within the past 12 months in the United States or in Benedictine Student Health. Those with positive skin tests will be referred for a chest x-ray and treatment recommendations.
- Negative chest x-ray report. A physician-documented summary of any treatment received should be submitted with the student’s health history form.
- History of TB, date diagnosed, and physician documentation of completed treatment. Include physician summary of names of medications received and number of months treated.
In the event of a disease outbreak on campus, those individuals who have elected not to be immunized or those who have not provided health records may be treated as susceptible to the disease and may be barred from the Benedictine campus and all avenues of participation, until such time as it is specified by the Atchison County Health Department and Benedictine Student Health Services that the student may no longer be susceptible. This time period could involve weeks to months. No costs will be refunded to the student in the event that the student is not able to attend class because of lack of immunization.
Other Recommended Immunizations
- Hepatitis B series
- Annual flu shot
- Varicella vaccine (if not immune to chicken pox)
- Others as recommended by your physician
Immunizations / Flu Shots Available at a Reasonable Cost
A Flu shot clinic is offered on campus in the fall.
Others may be obtained at the Atchison County Health Department located at 616 Commercial, Atchison; 913.367.5152.
If you have any questions, please contact Janet Adrian.