Tuition Grants

Grants are funds that are provided by federal and state agencies. Grants are considered “gift aid” and do not have to be repaid. The FAFSA must be completed to receive these grants. This can be done online at


Pell Grants are automatically awarded by the federal government to those students who are found eligible after completing the FAFSA. The amount is determined according to eligibility and the number of hours in which you are enrolled. Pell Grants are not available to students who have already completed a Bachelor's degree.  For the 2011-12 academic year, the minimum amount is $555 and the maximum is $5,550.


The SEOG is a federal grant administered by Benedictine College. This grant is only awarded to undergraduate students. Students will need to complete the FAFSA as soon after January 1 as possible to determine eligibility. Financial awards are given out on a first-come, first served basis. Students who are eligible for Pell Grants have first priority for the SEOG. The amount is subject to change based on the availability of funds.  


This state grant provides financial assistance to financially needy undergraduate students who are residents of Kansas and are enrolled at least half-time at a public or private institution in Kansas. Based on funding, first priority is given to US citizens. The maximum award is $3,500 for full-time students, and awarding amounts may be adjusted as subject to funds availability. Eligibility is determined in the same manner as the eligibility for a Federal Pell Grant. Students must complete the FAFSA and have it processed prior to April1 for the upcoming fall term.  We highly recommend applying early because these funds are limited (first-come, first-served).


The State of Kansas provides yearly access to additional grants for Kansas residents attending a Kansas institution. Take a look at the latest listing of the available grants, along with applications and deadlines.