FAQs - International Students
HOW DO I RESERVE MY ROOM ON CAMPUS?
Benedictine College has 13 residence halls. Students are placed in residence halls based on their age and gender. You may view pictures and descriptions of each residence hall.
To reserve your room on campus, please submit all documents required for an I-20, including the housing application. Our Residence Life office matches new students with roommates based on the answers in their housing applications.
International students are matched with American roommates whenever possible.
DOES BENEDICTINE COLLEGE ACCEPT TRANSFER CREDIT FROM OVERSEAS UNIVERSITIES?
We accept transfer credit from many (but not all) universities outside the USA. Please ask your university to mail us your transcript. We will be happy to evaluate it for transfer credit. Your university should mail your transcript to: International Admissions, Benedictine College, 1020 N. Second St., Atchison, KS 66002, USA.
HOW CAN I SEE DESCRIPTIONS OF THE COURSES BENEDICTINE COLLEGE OFFERS?
- Open this www.benedictine.edu/catalog in a second window.
- Note that some classes have prerequisites - courses that are required first. For example, students must take Biology 121 & 122 before they can take Biology 310.
- Benedictine College, like many U.S. colleges, doesn't offer every course every semester or year. Some upper-level courses are offered on a rotating schedule.
- You can see what semester some classes are generally offered. Look at the letter that appears after the course credit hours in the courses of instruction.
|Letter||Class is Offered|
|F||Generally in the fall (August-December)|
|S||Generally in the spring (January - May)|
|B||Generally both fall and spring semesters|
|D||At the discretion of the department|
For example, Bi 107 Principles of Biology (4) (B) means that this biology class is worth 4 credits and is generally offered in the fall and spring semesters.
HOW CAN I SEE WHAT CLASSES BENEDICTINE COLLEGE IS OFFERING THIS YEAR OR NEXT SEMESTER?
- Open this page in a second window.
- Click on the tab on the upper right-hand corner that says "Course Catalog."
- Set the term for the semester you want to see (for example, spring 2012). The fall semester starts in August and ends in December. The spring semester starts in January and ends in May.
- Set the location as Atchison (our home campus).
- Choose a department - for example, biology.
- Hit Search.
- You will see a list of all the classes that department is offering for the semester you have chosen. For example, you could search for and see a list of all the biology classes offered during the spring 2012 semester.
- If you don't see the class you are looking for, you can consult the college catalog to see when it is generally offered. See questions 6 & 7 from the previous question.
- Below is a calendar showing the dates that the course offerings are posted online:
|Date the Next Semester's Schedule of Course Offerings is Posted Online||Semester Start Month||Semester End Month|
|Middle of October||January||May|
|Middle of March||August||December|
|Middle of March||Middle of May||End of July|