Benedictine College Youth Conference
- WHO: High School Students (rising freshmen to graduating seniors)
- WHAT: Benedictine College Youth Conference is a Catholic weekend experience, uniting students who have a desire to grow closer to Christ. The weekend will consist of music, keynote speakers, breakout sessions, Mass, praise and worship, activities fellowship and fun! This year’s conference features Fr. Stan Fortuna, C.F.R.
- WHEN: Summer 2014 Dates Pending
- WHERE: Benedictine College, Atchison, KS
- WHY: To grow closer to Christ through Catholic witness, fellowship and fun!
- COST: $175 per participant which includes all lodging, meals, and events. A $75 per person non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required at the time of registration.
- CHECK IN: Friday, 4-5 pm
- CHECK OUT: Sunday, 12:00 pm
2013 KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
Fr. Stan Fortuna, C.F.R., is one of the eight founding members of the Community of Franciscan Friars of the Renewal and a Roman Catholic priest. Prior to his conversion, Fr. Stan was a professional jazz musician who Fr. Stan lives in the heart of the South Bronx ministering to the poverty-stricken. He has independently released over eighteen (18) CD’s in various genres as well as DVDs and books. His latest book, “U Got 2 Love” discusses love in modern culture. With his preaching apostolate, Fr. Stan travels extensively doing talks and concerts around the world with proceeds going towards his work with poor and impoverished families. He has been invited to speak and do concerts at various World Youth Days and has appeared on "Life on the Rock" numerous times.
Sarah Swafford is the founder of Emotional Virtue Ministries. Sarah speaks nationally to people of all ages on a variety of topics such as: Emotional Virtue, Dating and Relationships, Modesty of Intentions, and Interior Confidence. She is a graduate of Benedictine College and has been involved in ministry for almost ten years. Sarah has appeared on EWTN's Life on the Rock and has contributed to videos for the Augustine Institute's YDisciple as well as www.womenmadenew.com. She currently resides in Atchison, Kansas with her amazing husband, Dr. Andrew Swafford, and their three small children: Thomas, Fulton, and Cate. You can find more information about Sarah and Emotional Virtue Ministries at www.emotionalvirtue.com.
- Check in begins at 4pm
- Social & Fellowship
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- Keynote Speakers
- Breakout Sessions
- Praise and Worship
- Social & Fellowship
- Closing Mass, family and friends invited!
- Checkout begins at 12:00 pm
- What does BCYC stand for? Benedictine College Youth Conference
- Why should a young person attend BCYC? Do you have a desire to meet other high school students who are on fire for Christ? To listen to passionate speakers? To worship our Lord through music? To have a fun filled weekend on a beautiful college campus? BCYC offers this and much more! Take advantage of this opportunity and see how the Holy Spirit can work through you this summer!
- When do we arrive? Check in begins Friday, from 4-5pm.
- When is check out? Check out is Sunday, at 12:00 pm.
- Additional Questions? Please contact Cassie Goodman, Director of Youth Outreach, at firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 913-360-7655
Have more questions? Click here to learn more!