Executive Master of Business Administration in Leadership
The Executive Masters of Business Administration in Leadership, developed through a partnership between the Kansas City Missouri Police Department and Benedictine College, is the only program of its kind in the nation. Graduates will have mastered critical coursework that includes management strategy, ethics, accounting, finance, economics and everything in between.
WHY THE EMBA IN LEADERSHIP?
The EMBA in Leadership is for law enforcement professionals who want to lead with distinction and maximize their career opportunities. Our program offers:
- A unique program preparing law enforcement and public safety professionals for the highest levels of management and leadership in their respective departments and agencies
- Continuing personal and professional growth to improve strength in current position and beyond
- Appropriate ethical and relevant cultural foundation for law enforcement and public safety in the 21st century
- Faculty that is active in industry, seasoned in academia, and exposed to law enforcement and public safety issues, dedicated to developing strong leaders with integrity
- The opportunity to expand your network and share experiences through cohort team structure, enhancing your learning through peers with a variety of experiences within law enforcement and public safety
To apply for admission to the EMBA in Leadership program, the applicant must submit a completed application, official transcripts from all degree granting institutions and any graduate coursework, two letters of recommendation, and a $100 non-refundable deposit to the Graduate Program Office. A personal interview/phone call may be required for admission.
Specific requirements for admission to the masters program include the demonstration of (1) an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited college or university, (2) five of more years of increasing responsibility managing people, projects or budgets, (3) strong and appropriate career aspirations, and (4) good oral and written communication skills.
Application materials may be downloaded by clicking on the following links or you may call 913.360.7589 or 1.800.467.5340, ext. 7589 and request an application package.
OUR CLASS TIMES/SCHEDULES
Classes are held at the KCPD Regional Police Training Academy approximately every other weekend for 12 months, starting in August. Sessions are four hours in length with two classes on both Friday and Saturday.
- Friday Afternoons – 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Friday Evenings – 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Saturday Mornings - 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Saturday Afternoons – 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
FEES AND SERVICES
To meet the needs of our students, we offer a wide variety of support services.
- Refreshments are provided at breaks throughout the weekend.
- A Friday night meal and Saturday continental breakfast and lunch are served.
- As a full service program, registration, delivery of books and other necessary administrative tasks are completed in the classroom.
- This program offers a great value for you and your company. Program fees cover tuition, books, fees, meals, refreshments, graduation and other materials necessary for the program. Students also receive a new NetBook computer complete with Microsoft Office Suite. There are no hidden fees in our tuition and the price is all-inclusive.
- Financial assistance is available.